Fort Worth Prairie Fest is the annual fundraiser for Friends of Tandy Hills Natural Area. Learn more about how funds are plowed back into Tandy Hills HERE.
Prairie Fest grew from a small neighborhood event in 2006 to become the “Best Outdoor Cultural Event in 2010”, according to the Fort Worth Weekly. By 2011, Prairie Fest had attracted hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of visitors to Tandy Hills.
A re-imagined festival is taking flight in 2012
For 2012, Prairie Fest has been re-imagined and re-focused back to discovery and enjoyment of Tandy Hills, itself. Instead of a single event, there will be throughout the Spring on the last Saturdays of March, April and May. Event hours will be from 4 PM - Dusk. We call it Prairie Festx3.
* May 26 *
What Happens at Prairie Festx3?
4 - 6 PM
Tandy Hills is known as The Best Place to See Wildflowers in North Texas and 2012 is shaping up to be awesome. Walking tours organized by the Google of Wildflowers, Suzanne Tuttle, of the Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge and led by Master Naturalist volunteers will entertain and surprise you.
Discovery Hikes for Kids & Families
Tandy Hills becomes a virtual planetarium - a Prairiearium- at Prairie Fest this Spring.
Discover your place in space, time and the natural world.
Heather Foote, director of Prairie Keepers, has created a series of hikes specially designed for children, tweens, and families. Prepare to be amazed! Read more about these fabulous self-paced hikes and games here.
Prairie Fest needs volunteers who would have the opportunity to work with children aged, 6 to 12. They can lead or assist in science/nature hikes and nature crafts. Volunteers would need to work 3 pm until 7 pm/ per event. There are 3 Prairie Fest this year: March 31, April 28 and May 26. The volunteer form is here.
Prairie Fest has a history of featuring some of the hottest local music. Get ready for another great lineup in 2012. Entertainment begins at 4 PM and continues until closing, about 8 PM.
Stage Schedule (5/26)
5 PM Fontanelle
6 PM Rabbit's Got the Gun
8:45 PM Movie Night on the Prairie
Prairie Fest stage is 100% SOLAR-POWERED with help from:
Dan Lepinski, Mike Renner, North Texas Renewable Energy Group and...that big ball of fire in the sky.
The big open space previously occupied by vendors is now your personal play space for kite-flying, frisbee throwing, spontaneous-dancing, dog-chasing and picnicking.
- Plein air painters will be setting up easels on the prairie
- Prairie Keepers will host human-powered fun from 6:30 - 7:30: Come learn to spin Crystal Stix!
- Visit Info Booths of PF x3 Sponsors including, Whole Foods Market, Electronic Waste Disposal, Greenling, Arlington Conservation Council, Tarrant County Green Party and Texas Bluebird Society
Food & Drink
- Chadra Mezza & Grill will offer samplings from the Mediterranean-style menu made famous at their venerable restaurant.
- The Good Karma Kitchen will be serving vegetarian and vegan options out of Lucy, their famous food truck.
- New Belgium Brewing and Rahr & Sons Brewing beers/ales will be available at the Chadra tent.
Want to check out last year's festival? 2011