July 12 marks the 200th anniversary of Henry David Thoreau's birth, one of the patron saints of Tandy Hills. We salute the man whose writings have inspired millions of people to care for the Earth, to explore, pay attention to and document their observations in the natural world.
You are here
- What we do
- Tandy Hills-Stratford Parks Ornithological Assessment
- Flora of Tandy Hills Natural Area
- Master Plan for Tandy Hills Natural Area
- Plant Species-Area Relationships
- Tandy Hills BioBlitz 2016
- Echoes of the Chisholm Trail
- Viability of Silphium albiflorum in Tarrant County
- Environmental Assessment, 1989
- Prospectus, 1993
- The Vegetation of the Fort Worth Prairie, 1946
- Illustrated Flora of North Central Texas
- Tandy Hills 2016 BioBlitz Handbook & Diversity Inventory
Our signature outdoor education program Beginning in 2010, FOTHNA teamed up with Fort Worth ISD, City of Fort Worth Parks & Community Services Department and Cross Timbers Chapter of the Texas Master Naturalists program for field investigation trips at one of the few remaining native prairie habitats in Fort Worth.