11am to Sunset
Free & Open to the Public!
- Guided Wildflower Tours
- Science Hikes & Time Travel Passport Game for kids. Win a week of Summer Camp!
- 100% Solar-powered Music
- 50 Green Vendors
- Local Food & Beverages
- Plein Air Painters, and more!
ENTERTAINMENT: MUSIC, STORYTELLING, and MORE
This year's line up includes folk, reggae, percussion ensemble, jazz, world music and Tejano.
|11:00||New Dreams Studio/ Cook Children's Life Center|
|5:00||Pablo & Hemphill 7|
- Scottish Pipes & Drums at 1:30 in the Prairie Circle and thereabouts
- Mondo Drummers
- Brazen Bellies
- The Southside Pirate will be recording the 2014 Prairie Fest stage for podcast.
- Tipi and Trailside Storytellers
50 booths featuring everything from green products and services, vintage clothing, native plants and so much more. A local Boy Scout troop will have a rope bridge set up for the kiddos. You might also encounter impromptu kite-flyers, stilt walkers, belly dancers and hula hoopers in the big circle. See the list of exhibitors here!
NATURE & SCIENCE HIKES
Three Free Prairie Keepers Hikes
These hikes for children begin on the hour from 11 am until 4 pm.
- Earthwalks by the Institute for Earth Education (3-6 yo)
- Chronos the Keeper of Time (7 yo+)
- The Time Travel Passport GameTravel through Time at Prairie Fest # 9! The Prize: One week of residential summer camp at Camp Carter!
Tandy Hills is known as The Best Place to See Wildflowers in North Texas and 2014 is shaping up to be awesome. Walking tours organized by the Google of Wildflowers, Suzanne Tuttle, of the Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge and led by Master Naturalist volunteers will entertain and surprise you.
Guided hikes begin as groups form, regularly from 11 am until 4 pm.
LOCAL FOOD & BREWS-
A variety of food sellers for all tastes and a beer and wine tent will be available. Including...