As 2016 comes to a close, the winter landscape of soothingly muted colors at Tandy Hills Natural Area provides a place for quiet reflection and recreation in the heart of a bustling city. Twelve years of passionate, volunteer effort by Friends of Tandy Hills Natural Area has made sure it stays that way……And twelve years of your vital financial support has helped us polish this urban diamond.
• Our Award-winning Kids on the Prairie program notched year #6
• The Tandy Hills BioBlitz + iNaturalist Project ushered in new era of scientific documentation and partnership, paving the way for some serious conservation. (Find out how you can easily help continue this effort with your smart phone every time you visit the park!)
• The 8th annual Brush Bash and creation of the ongoing Prairie Posse cleared large areas of invasive species from the main trailhead area and more!
• A Trail System Master Plan was created! Your donation can help enact it sooner than later!
• PrairieSky / StarParty, a new collaboration with FW Astronomical Society, made its Tandy Hills debut.
• Tandy Hills Pavilion Design Competition, launched in collaboration with AIA-FW, means that we look forward to an architecturally stunning shelter from rain and sun at the Hills, with your help!